Precinct Maps



Contact Us

Student Voters

This information is provided by the Texas Secretary of State

If you're a student who spends several weeks or months a year in different locations but wants to vote in Texas, you'll need to decide which place in Texas is the place you call "home," i.e., where you intend to return after you've been away. If you consider your parents' address to be your permanent residence, you may use that address as your registration address. If you would like to register to vote at your college address, you may do so, but you can't be registered in both places.

If you consider yourself a permanent resident of another state, you'll need to consult with officials there for registration and ballot-by-mail procedures.

Voting away from home

If you’re attending a college or university away from home, you can vote early by mail if you claimed as your primary residence the address where you live while not attending school – in other words, where "Mom and Dad live."

To request that an early voting ballot be sent to the address where you are physically planning to be at election time (e.g.,at school), you must fill out an early voting ballot request application (download here).

For more information, please visit the state's Helpful Hints on Voting Early by Mail section.
If you are a “Temporary Worker” and have questions on voting, please contact our office at 979.826.7643.

Early Voting

Early voting generally start three weeks before election day and stops three days before the posted election day. It is important to note that early voting locations are different than your normal elections day voting precinct locations. Any registered voter may vote at any early voting location. Review early voting location information under announcements on the home page.

Absentee Voting

If you are a registered voter in the State of Texas, but will be away from your home country you are eligible to vote by mail. You can download an application for ballot by mail by clicking here. Or you may contact your local election office and request that a ballot by mail be sent to you. After you print your application to vote by mail, complete the application and mail it to the election office in that county. For a list of early voting clerks in Texas please click here.

Download an application to vote by mail

Registered voters in the military or oversees

Please send applications to vote by mail to:

Early Voting Clerk
836 Austin St. Room 103
Hempstead, Texas 77445

We are here to help ensure you can exercise your right to vote. If you have any questions regarding your options as a student, or temporary worker voter, please feel free to contact our office at (979)-826-7643 or come by and visit us at 836 Austin Street, Room 103 at the County Courthouse in Hempstead, Texas.

eSlate Voting Machines

eSlate Voting machinesWaller County uses the eSlate Voting System designed by Hart InterCivic. This system has been certified by the Texas Secretary of State and meets all the requirements of the Help America Vote Act to assist voters with disabilities. All residents that are registered voters have the right to vote, review their ballot, make any changes necessary and finally cast their secret ballot.

If this is the first time you will be voting on the eSlate or if you would like to review how to use the eSlate System, please click here.

Warning: mysql_free_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /home/wallerco/public_html/voteinfo.php on line 156